Letter from Professional Company and Casting Directors
Letter to Professional Actors, Singers, & Dancers from Professional Company & Casting Directors
We invite you to join us at Florida Studio Theatre in Sarasota, Florida, from May 20 to May 22, for FPTA's 37th annual statewide professional auditions and workshops.
Auditions will take place on May 21 and 22 with representatives of professional theatre and production companies. We're looking for both Equity and professional Non-Equity actors, as well as singers and dancers, to hire for some of our upcoming or future productions.
The professional workshops and Ask-FPTA lunch discussions are designed especially for you and other established and new-to-the business actors and performers.
We encourage you to make your participation in FPTA 2017 more than your two-minute audition.
It can be so much more!
Professional Workshops With Group and One-on-One Personal Coaching for Actors & Performers May 20, 21, and 22
Whether you're an established actor or performer or just starting out, you're bound to find a workshop with lots of personal attention that will help you sharpen or brush up on your skills.
Workshops cover a wide range of topics that include audition techniques, business skills, monologue work, breath and body connection, singing voice and auditions, cold readings, résumé and headshot analysis, video auditions, and dance callbacks.
All workshops take place at Florida Studio Theatre. And did you know the cost of your participation in these workshops and all activities related to FPTA 2017 are tax deductible? Well, they are tax deductible, which makes it another excellent reason to sign up now for FPTA 2017.
Your participation in these workshops are great ways for you to make investments in strengthening your skills and your career in this extremely competitive job market.
Ask-FPTA Q & A Buffet-Style Lunch Discussions with Company Representatives on May 21 and 22
These hour-long lunch and Q & A discussions are held on Sunday, May 21, and Monday, May 22, both from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m., during the lunch breaks for both companies and those auditioning or taking workshops.
These Q & A lunch discussions provide you and others participating at FPTA 2017 with unique opportunities in a friendly and informal lunch setting to get your questions answered directly from participating company representatives.
These lunch discussions also provide you another opportunity to be SEEN, and you might even learn some tips from the company representatives and your colleagues that are beneficial to your career.
Here's the bottom line:
• Those individuals who participate in the Ask-FPTA lunch Q & A discussions understand the value to attend, ask questions, engage in the discussion, be seen again, and take what they learn to enhance their professional careers.
• Those who register for FPTA professional workshops understand the value as professionals to assess where they and their skill sets are right now, learn what is working and not working for them, ask questions, and get the personal and group coaching that will strengthen the skills they need to get noticed and hired.
• And those actors who participate in as much as they can during FPTA 2017 are those actors and performers who take advantage of these time- and cost-effective opportunities designed to enhance their careers. These are the actors and performers that we producers notice each year.
On this FPTA website:
You'll find details about all the activities designed for you and your colleagues during the FPTA 2017 three-day annual event.
Go here to quickly review the table of contents where you’ll find information on
› an audition for either Sunday or Monday; ›all-day, tailor-made workshops and lunch scheduled for Saturday; ›individual workshops on Sunday or Monday; › upload your one-page professional résumé -- a requirement; ›and, if applicable, make a payment for FPTA 2017 activities you register to participate in at this annual event.
Hit a home run for your career!
We encourage you to take full advantage of what is organized at FPTA 2017 to help advance your professional career:
• learn and strengthen your skills at the workshops, AND
• network with both your colleagues and company representatives at one of the Ask-FPTA lunches.
Thank you so much for your interest in FPTA 2017. We look forward to seeing you soon at Florida Studio Theatre in Sarasota.
Florida Professional Theatres Association (FPTA) Post Office Box 2922 West Palm Beach, FL 33402-2922 info@FPTA.net